Monday, October 17, 2011

Girl

I'm no different, even though I sometimes wish I was. I'm not the funny, dorky girl who fascinates the "cool guy", which we don't even have here in Sweden. We're not divided into groups, with popular kids, non-popular and plain janes. We're all plain Janes here in Sweden, and if you're not... You'll probably get called a bitch with too much selfconfidence. You're no better than anyone else here in Sweden. And we don't date. If someone asks someone out, it's a BIG deal. And it will probably ruin the whole thing, why couldn't he just have been at the same party? And got drunk. That's how we roll in Sweden.

I'm no different, even though I sometimes wish I was. I'm a dreamer, I admit that. A big dorky dreamer. I have always thought that Sweden is no place for me, I've always wanted to go on a real US high school, with prom and different status-groups. I've always wanted to be asked out on a date = I've always wanted to live in an American High School Teenage Movie.

I'm no different, even though I sometimes wish I was. I'm not That Girl, I'm just... Girl.

No comments: